The following resources provide local churches in the New England Annual Conference with materials to help them in discussing the issues facing the upcoming General Conference in May as well as the New England Annual Conference in June. All the links below will take you to documents that you may then view, download and print. (Select Print or download from the icons in the upper right corner of the page. There are three sections of resources:
- Section 1: A schedule of important district meetings
- Section 2. A Letter to NE United Methodist congregations in English, Korean, and Portuguese.
- Section 3. Resources to aid local churches in conversations around the potential changes coming to United Methodism.
Section 1. Schedule of district meetings about potential changes to the United Methodism.
- A schedule of district meetings to learn more about the work of the Open Spirit Task Force and the potential changes coming to the United Methodist denomination.
Section 2. A letter to share with your congregation
This letter is intended to be read to congregations in worship on February 23 or a Sunday soon after that date. The letter invites churches across the conference to begin or continue discernment and dialogue about the future of the Church. It will also help local church members prepare for important district meetings where they can learn more about the work of the Open Spirit Task Force of the New England Annual Conference.
Those who have followed the what is happening throughout the United Methodist Church in the past year anticipate significant changes in the denomination. It is important for local church members to be aware of possible directions in which the Church may be headed. The letter is available in English, Korean, and Portuguese.
- Letter to NE UM congregations – English
- Letter to NE UM congregations – Korean
- Letter to NE UM congregations – Korean & English
- Letter to NE UM congregations – Portuguese
Section 3. Resources to aid local churches in conversations around the potential changes coming to United Methodism.
- A Congregational Conversation Outline for use on a Sunday you may wish to designate as “Open Spirit Sunday.“
- Congregational Conversation Chart: a handout for use in conversations. (Fits on an 8.5″ X 14″ page.)
- Congregational Conversation Chart: a handout for use in conversations. (Same content as above, but for an 8.5″ X 11″ page.)