What does the Theology/Spirituality team do?
The Theology/Spirituality Team is helping to ground the work of the OSTF in a strong Wesleyan theology (personal piety and social holiness). The Team is committed to developing a theological foundation that is grace-filled, inclusive and just, while sharing resources that inform and enhance our spiritual life as we move through this season of change.
Who we are:
- Adama Brown-Hathaway, Union, MBH, MA, Lay
- We Chang, District, MBH, MA, Clergy
- Sang Cho, St. John’s Korean, MBH, MA, Clergy
- Hope Luckie, Crawford UMC, MBH, MA, Clergy
- John Lucy, Jerico/Waterbury, VT, VT, Clergy, Secretary
- Shandi Mawokaomatanda, Wesley, CMA, MA, Clergy, Team Leader
Our work so far…
- Update: Theology/Spirituality – 09/20/2019 - As of September 19, 2019, our sub-committee has focused our conversations on re-informing ourselves on the history and heritage of the people called Methodists generally and in New England specifically. To do the former, we’ve dived into reading, including on queer theology and the history of Methodist splits; to do the latter, we’ve invited someContinue reading "Update: Theology/Spirituality – 09/20/2019"